April 2012 Alerts
April 2012 Alerts
April 23-25, 2012 Commission Meeting
To view PDF, click here
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) would like to bring your attention to the following announcements discussed at the April 23-25, 2012 meeting:
1) Bylaws Commissioner Positions Length of Terms, Categories for Meeting USDE recognition criteria and the total number of Commissioners needed to function optimally were discussed at length throughout the meeting. Another draft of the bylaws was created April 25th with a total of 10 Commissioners, with minimally required categories plus one employer as the agreed upon make-up of the group. The draft created April 25th was approved the Commission. To view the amended and adopted Bylaws of April 25, 2012, click here.
2) Policies & Procedures Manual Revisions to address Substantive Changes which would trigger a comprehensive review and changes to the appeal process were approved at this meeting. To view the updated Policies and Procedures Manual, click here.
3) Team Report Template The site team report template has been revised to eliminate some verification tasks in Standards 2.2 and revised some wording for Standard 2.3. In addition, the Standard 2.9 distance education standards that were revised at the October 2011 meeting were added to the site team report template.
4) Commissioner Term Ends - As of April 25, 2012, Melissa Wade has completed her second term as the Chair of COMTA. This meeting was also the final meeting of her second term as a COMTA Commissioner. She was first elected in 2001. Many thanks to her for her dedication and leadership over the past 11 years. She has helped COMTA tremendously and will be missed.
5) Officer Elections (Chair and Vice-Chair) The Commission selected Dr. Randy Swenson as the new COMTA Chair and Jeff Harmon as the new Vice-Chair. Beverly Giroud remains as the third member of the COMTA Executive Committee.
Be sure to check the COMTA website regularly for actions and alerts. The Commission updates all pertinent actions and alerts on its website. Please promptly inform COMTA if your school has a new email address.
If you have comments regarding any of the schools on this list please write the COMTA office. For additional information concerning this memorandum, please contact Kate Zulaski, Executive Director, at 202-895-1518, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email the chair of the Commission at email@example.com.