August 2012 Alerts
August 2012 Alerts
To view as PDF, click here
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) would like to bring your attention to the following announcements discussed at the August 2, 2012 meeting:
1) 2012 Commissioner Elections Results – COMTA would like to thank all the school owners and/or directors of a COMTA-accredited school or program that participated in casting a vote for three positions on the Commission. The results are in and we would like to congratulate the following:
- Ms. Dawn Hogue for the Administrator position, her term of office begins with the October 2012 Commission Meeting and continues through the April 2016 meeting.
- Dr. Randy Swenson who has been re-elected to hold the Educator position to continue through April 2016 meeting. His commitment to the Commission since his appointment in 2010 has been exemplary and we are pleased to have him continue his service on the Commission.
- Dr. Patricia A. Maloney who has been elected to fill the Public Member role to begin with the October 2012 Commission Meeting and continues through the April 2016 meeting. Her commitment to the Commission for the past two years in the Professional Educator role has been a great asset and we are pleased to have her continuing to serve in a new position.
To review their bios, please click here.
2) Policies & Procedures Manual – Policy Change – Substantive Change for Additional Locations – Restrictions on addition of locations during renewal cycle as well as how often they may be added were discussed. A phrase was added on both items to allow the Commission greater flexibility when such a situation arises on page 16. To view the updated Policies and Procedures Manual, click here.
Be sure to check the COMTA website regularly for actions and alerts. The Commission updates all pertinent actions and alerts on its website. Please promptly inform COMTA if your school has a new email address.
If you have comments regarding any of the schools on this list please write the COMTA office. For additional information concerning this memorandum, please contact Kate Zulaski, Executive Director, at 202-895-1518, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email the chair of the Commission at email@example.com.